Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

First Match by Lynne Silver.




Allison Macclesfield wants—no needs—to be a rock star, and what better decade to do it in than the ‘80s? Music is her passion. She’s got her future mapped out. Move to New York, find a job, audition to be lead singer in a band.
Plans don’t include giving it all up for Peter Shepard, the sexiest guy she’s ever met. He’s nothing like the guys she’s known. Peter’s life is full of mystery, and though they believe they’re a perfect match, she can have him or her rock star dreams. But not both.
This is a Coded for Love Prequel









About the Author
 Romance author, Lynne Silver, writes the popular Coded for Love series and other hot contemporary romance novels, such as Love, Technically. Before writing romance, she wrote fiction of a different sort, drafting press releases for technology corporations. Washington DC is her home (non) state, where she resides with her husband and two sons. She is represented by literary agent, Jessica Alvarez of Bookends LLC.


Stalker links:
Twitter: @LynneSilver



I have the pleasure of having Lynne take over my blog post for a bit, so sit back relax and enjoy your time with Lynne!

Writing and reading the Prequel

First Match is a Prequel. Prequel’s a word that’s now in our daily vocabulary thanks to George Lucas. Honestly, before Star Wars (the Jar Jar Binks years) released, had any of us heard of a prequel? I hadn’t.
And look at Lord of the Rings…isn’t The Hobbit a prequel of sorts?
So if prequels are good for Peter Jackson and George Lucas, I figured, I could do one too. First Match goes back to 1980 to show when Peter Shepard (AKA Shep) and his match Allison Macclesfield meet. In Coded for Love 1-5, I briefly mention that Commander Shepard is matched, but I never go into detail.
Now you get the story of how this prickly hard-ass leader of The Program met his true love. It was so fun to write because it was set in the eighties! Hello? I’m a child of the 80s! There’s not a John Hughes movie I can’t quote from opening to credits. However, I learned that 1980 isn’t quite the 80’s I grew up in. I was only 4 years old in 1980. I vaguely remember Reagan winning the election. 
I also remember getting taken out of kindergarten to go see Empire Strikes Back with Ari Greenbaum. I don’t remember John Lennon getting shot. I didn’t know that a Beatle was anything but a bug. So it was really fun to set the story in 1980 and have to remember certain things such as the lack of cell phones. Teenagers could still legally drink, and The Soviet Union was a real (or perceived) threat.
All of these aspects of the 80s play a role in the book. What do you remember about the 80s? 

My review:

I enjoyed reading about Shep and his story.  Being the first genetically created man in The Program, Shep is the one they look too when they want to see what happens during certain scenarios.  Never leaving the "base", Shep wants to go out and be "normal" and that is when he meets Allison.  Sparks fly instantly but when she is brought in because of being a perfect match to Shep, he can't let her give up her dreams to be with him.  Ten years later, their love for each other never has faltered.  

This was a great prequel to the Coded for Love series.  I loved the story and enjoyed getting the background on Shep.  The story was well written and I couldn't put it down, I had to find out what happened.  I definitely recommend this book!!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for hosting me today and for reading and reviewing First Match. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete