Author: Autumn Markus
Genre: Adult Contemporary
Publication Date: December 17, 2013
Publisher: Omnific Publishing
Event organized by: Literati Author Services, Inc.
Abby Reynolds is burned out.
Since clawing her way into a great position a
Her bestie Sarah offers a much-needed escape: a summer of sand, sea, and younger men in Santa Cruz…
Hot young bike racer Jason is sexy, unattached, and completely ready to spend a summer in uncomplicated flirtation. Since Abby has decided love is off the table, he seems like the perfect match.
Then she meets Matt. Sculptor, surfer (and age appropriate), he’s everything she gave up wanting and then some. He’s a grown-ass man with his own life issues: does he want to sculpt for love or for profit? What about that twentysomething model who’s always clinging to him? Is he ready to let a woman invade his Fortress of Solitude?
Abby has to decide whether she’s satisfied with leaving behind the idea of Mr. Right and settling for Mr. Right Now.
Grown up love. It’s complicated.
Add to Goodreads
Purchase Links: Not available at this time. Refer back to the tour page for updated links on release day.
About the Author
Autumn Markus traveled far and wide as a military brat, but her heart was always in the American west, where she was born. She hikes, reads and writes there still, along with snuggling her husband, four children, and a horsedog. She freelance edits for other authors, reviews Women’s Fiction for the New York Journal of Books, and is the author of the contemporary romances Cocktails & Dreams and A Christmas Wish. She is currently at work on her next novel.
Connect with the Author: Facebook | Twitter | Website | Goodreads
Follow the Tour
Characteristics of a great love interest—Autumn Markus
I’ve been thinking about great movie and book couples lately, and I noticed a few things all of my favorite love interests have in common. Do any of these sound familiar to you? What do you find yourself drawn to?
10) Sense of humor--Cliché as hell, but if someone can make me laugh he’s halfway home.
9) Dark hair and eyes—I have a theory about this preference: you find the unusual more attractive. My whole family is sort of blondish, with light eyes; therefore, I find dark hair and eyes crazy attractive.
8) Celts—…except for these guys. Who can resist that Celtic blue/green eye? No one else in the world has eyes like the Scots and Irish—think Ewan McGregor, James McAvoy, Cillian Murphy, Gerard Butler… *sigh* Now I want to read Highlander books…
7) A certain ‘distance’—I KNOW you know what I mean. A guy who spills his guts at every opportunity is great best friend material, but a romantic lead has to have a bit of reserve to be a challenge. Think Mr. Darcy, or one of my favorites, Inman, in Cold Mountain.
6) A grown-ass man—I may be alone here (but I don’t think so). I’m not interested in kids, either mentally of chronologically. A man who has something he’s dealing with is okay, but if he has a whole bag of issues, he’s not for me.
5) Good with kids—Don’t give me the sideeye! I’ve seen you oohing and aahing over pictures of Channing Tatum and Chris Hemsworth holding their tiny babies and looking at them with goofy grins. And don’t even get me started on Tom Hardy, Bane himself, carrying his little Batman-costumed son on his shoulder. Ovary-splosions are everywhere for this one. (Maybe this is a mom thing?)
4) Brains—A smart man is like catnip, especially when it’s paired with that sense of humor I mentioned before. Pretty only goes so far (if you’re looking for a relationship. If it’s just a hook-up, that might be enough-lol)-you have to talk to them eventually! Common sense counts here, too.
3) Unpredictability—This is a fine line. Batcrap crazy=unattractive. Not 100% sure what he will do=charming and interesting. I’ve been with the same guy for 25 years, and he still surprises me regularly—keeps my active mind busy!
2) Body hair—I’m not talking “Ohmagaw, is that a Sasquatch?!” level, but hairless chests leave me cold. A little chest hair, a little stubble (or a sweet beard)… *girlish sigh*
1) Devotion—As long as he’s not being a doormat to unreasonable demands, a man who has your back is irresistible!