Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Blog Tour - "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" by Tanith Davenport




The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Tanith Davenport and Anne Bronte

Genre: Erotic romance

Publisher: Total-e-Bound

Date of Publication: 6 September 2013

ISBN: 978-1-78184-444-1

Cover Artist: Posh Gosh

Book Description:
Into the quiet village of Lindenhope comes Helen Graham, an attractive young widow and mother. Living alone with her son at Wildfell Hall, her seclusion attracts curiosity from the local people, in particular Gilbert Markham, whose interest in her is soon edged with desire—and Helen, despite herself, begins to reciprocate his love for her.
But when scandalous rumours begin to circulate about Helen’s behaviour, Gilbert is filled with anger and jealousy. Helen attempts to clear her name by offering Gilbert her diary, which reveals the dark, passionate story of her former marriage to debauched rake Arthur Huntingdon, whose sexual and sensual desires fill her with excitement and pleasure but precipitate a gradual descent into hell.
Gilbert believes he could forgive her anything, but the lies continue to spread, threatening Helen’s peace of mind and, above all, her physical safety. Will the secrets of Helen’s past get in the way of their future?

About the Author:

Tanith Davenport began writing erotica at the age of 27 by way of the Romantic Novelists' Association New Writers' Scheme. Her debut novel "The Hand He Dealt" was released by Total-e-Bound in June 2011 and was shortlisted for the Joan Hessayon Award for 2012.

Tanith has had short stories published by Naughty Nights Press and House of Erotica. She loves to travel and dreams of one day taking a driving tour of the United States, preferably in a classic 1950s pink Cadillac Eldorado.
Tanith's idea of heaven is an Indian head massage with a Mojito at her side.







and now for a little one on one with Tanith!!



1. Did you always know you wanted to be a writer or did you want to be something else?
I always wanted to be a writer, although I never assumed it would be my only job – which it still isn’t, sadly. However, I spent several years wanting to be a musical theatre actress, which is still a passion of mine despite never having the time to actually do it these days. I’m still a trained singer but haven’t performed in years.

2. How long does it take you to write a book from start to finish?
My debut novel took me three years, but I’ve learned to work more quickly now. I try to take no more than six months, depending on the length.

3. How do you come up with themes for your stories?
They tend to suggest themselves randomly during the day or while I’m asleep. I always keep a notebook handy for any vivid dreams or unexpected plot ideas.

4. Do you have a schedule of when you write?
I have to share the computer with my husband, so I try to do an hour every evening when I get home and then spend the rest of the time on the sofa planning scenes in a notebook. On weekends I try for two hours at least, not necessarily consecutive.

5. How are you able to balance other aspects of your life with your writing?
As I have a day job, I have to do most of my writing in the evenings or on weekends. I try to do an hour every day if I can – any more than that and I will just sit staring at the screen. That gives me plenty of time for any other things I need to do.

6. What elements do you think make a great story line?
I find it’s best if it evolves naturally from the characters. You can always tell when a character is being forced to behave oddly for the sake of the plot.

7. What was the hardest thing about writing a book?
Finishing it! I found myself reluctant to tie it off after working on it for so long, but I’m very glad I did.

8. How many books have you written so far? Do you have a favorite?
I have seven published of varying lengths, and my favourite will always be my debut novel – The Hand He Dealt. It got me nominated for the Joan Hessayon Award and I will always have a soft spot for it.

9. Do you have a favorite character?
I will always love Ash from The Hand He Dealt. He was originally a peripheral character, but I liked him so much that he became the romantic lead, even though he was one of the least articulate men I’ve ever written.

10. Where do you write?
I have a computer desk in the living room which I share with my husband, as well as two cats who like to sit in the way of the monitor. Fortunately most of my planning is done by hand, so I can do that while watching TV.

11. When deciding on how to publish, what directed you to the route you took?
I chose to approach publishers directly after searching in vain for agents who dealt with erotica; the main names I knew were e-publishers, so I began with those and researched others while I waited for their responses. Total-e-Bound were, I believe, the seventh publisher I submitted to and still are my primary publisher.

12. Have you gotten feedback from family about your book(s)? What do they think?
They’re all very proud to have a writer in the family, but I don’t believe they’ve actually read any of my books, although my husband has dutifully read about half of one of them. They’re not really his style.

13. What kinds of things do you like to do outside of writing?
I love watching films, especially horror and even more especially in the cinema; I also love to try new things, be it a new Vietnamese restaurant, fire-walking or learning to drift a car. I have also become fascinated by the paranormal lately and spend a lot of time reading up on ghost legends.

14. What kinds of advice would you give to someone who wants to start writing?
Finish the book! I hear so often about people who began writing, lost confidence and gave up. Finishing the first book is one of the hardest parts – once that’s over, you know you can do it again.

16. What is your favorite book? Favorite author? Do you have an author that inspired/inspires you to write?
My favourite author at the moment is Lauren Oliver – she has a wonderfully concise yet evocative writing style. My favourite book changes weekly, but at the moment is The Mysterious Death of Miss Austen.

17. Do you have any go to people when writing a book that help you with your story lines as well as editing, beta reading and such?
No, I prefer to work alone, although my husband is used to me bouncing ideas off him and asking him bizarre questions out of nowhere, such as “What happens if you squeeze a full can of beer?”

18. Are you working on anything now?
I am currently working on a secret project for Total-e-Bound and a sequel to my paranormal novella I Heard Your Voice, both of which I hope to have out next year.

1 comment: