Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Blog tour - "Little Red" by Trista Jaszczak







Little Red
Believe Series, Book One
Trista Jaszczak


Genre: romance/fantasy


Publisher: Front Porch Romance

eBook released June 18, 2013 and paperback fall 2013


ASIN: B00DHRYKDG


Number of pages: 207 estimated eBook

Word Count: 62,921

Cover Artist: Charisma Knight: Designs by Charisma



Book Description:

Follow Sam Wentworth through the winding back roads of Louisiana, on a desperate escape from her past, where she falls into the arms of the unlikely and sometimes unwilling hero, Ethan Parker.
When circumstances and fate seal the two together, entangling them with his six older brothers, Sam finds her life changing in ways that she never imagined. Filled with feuding families and a little old bayou magic, can Ethan put aside everything he has ever known to keep Sam safe from the dangers that their lives and their love possess.




About the Author:

Trista Jaszczak (pronounced Jazz-ick) is a writer, military spouse and a mother. She is originally from Hamilton, Ohio but calls home where ever the military sends her and her family, which is currently Anchorage, Alaska. She has a great love for writing, the outdoors, fitness, guitar and the arts.  





before my review here is a little one on one with Trista

1. Did you always know you wanted to be a writer or did you want to be something else? 

For as long as I can remember I wanted to be a writer. There was a point and time where I didn't think it was possible so I said I'd settle for being a doctor or a nurse, but I still chose the path of a writer. 


2. How long does it take you to write a book from start to finish?

It really depends on the book. The Darkness Falls series, as a series took 10 years. Little Red took about a year. I think it depends on how the book flows as I write and if I'm truly happy with outcomes. Some books I've started over from scratch when I near the end. 

3. How do you come up with themes for your stories?

I don't think I have a set way to really come up with things. An idea for something could strike me at any given minute from any given thing and I just sort of go from there. 


4. Do you have a schedule of when you write? 

Right now I do all my writing at night. I love the nighttime, the dark and the moon. We're finally getting darkness here in Alaska and I can see the moon again so that's when I do my work. It's quiet and works well to set the mood for me. 


5. How are you able to balance other aspects of your life with your writing?

Daytime is family time for me. I'm a military spouse with a deployed spouse so if my minions are awake that's family time, that's me being mama. As soon as they're in bed, I turn into author Trista. Definitely makes for a lot of lost sleep, haha.  


6. What elements do you think make a great story line? 

I always love a good romance, lots of drama, and wild and wacky plot twists are a favorite of mine. But, every book is different so there are dozens of elements that can make for some incredible story lines that make you want to hold the book and never let go. 


7. What was the hardest thing about writing a book?

Getting every tiny little thought from my mind and making it flow well on the computer screen. My mind moves a lot faster than I can type at times. 


8. How many books have you written so far? Do you have a favorite? 

You know, I have written close to 35 novels. 4 are currently released. It's hard to pick a favorite because as I've written these, I've become so attached to all them and love them each the same. 


9. Do you have a favorite character?

When I first read this question, I kept thinking there was no way I could pick just one and I can't but I have a couple. Ethan, Ian, James and Aaron from Little Red. Hunter from The Shoe. Nick from Loverboy. These guys sort of make me wish they were real, haha.


10. Where do you write?

I have a little corner sectioned off for myself that's filled with hundreds of books, a comfortable chair and ottoman, my guitar, place for my Kindle for music. But, sometimes, since I write so late, the bed works too in case I pass out while writing, haha. 


11. When deciding on how to publish, what directed you to the route you took?
I've self published before and after learning what I could about the business I knew that I wanted a publisher, a smaller one at that. I researched what felt like hundreds. I selected around 20 of the ones that seemed a better fit for me and began sending Little Red on her biggest journey yet. Out of all the acceptance letters I was extremely picky about who to give my beloved Red and Ethan to. In the end I chose Front Porch Romance. They're very close and I'm not just a manuscript, we really are like a second family. That's what I wanted. 


12. Have you gotten feedback from family about your book(s)? What do they think?
My family does read my books, my mom, aunts, cousins...my mom is my biggest fan, there's no doubt! I have gotten those calls where I don't even get a "hi" I get "How could you do that?....Go back and you fix that now!" Haha, I remember when my closest cousin was reading the first Darkness Falls, she called me just to tell me that I better not kill the cat. I'm sure they're biased but they do love the books and they all seemed hooked.

13. What kinds of things do you like to do outside of writing?

I live in Alaska so I love the outdoors. Hiking, camping, just being in the sunshine. I love art, painting, drawing, anything creative I guess you could say. I also have a great love of music, I play guitar and love listening to anything I can. 


14. What kinds of advice would you give to someone who wants to start writing? 

What's the Nike catch phrase?...Just do it...Just pick up a pen, your computer, anything...just do it. If you don't tell your stories, who will?

16. What is your favorite book? Favorite author? Do you have an author that inspired/inspires you to write? 

I have too many favorite authors and books. Books from Roald Dahl to Jane Austen to Sophie Kinsella and even Dr. Seuss. Books that have grasped me and just touched my heart and give me good memories to go back and read them again and again. A few are The Sleep Book, Charlotte's Web, Can You Keep a Secret? Alice in Wonderland, Christine...I could probably keep going for hours. Favorite authors is even more difficult but Stephen King, that man is a genius. I've always loved him. Sophie Kinsella, she's sassy and I just adore her romances. 


17. Do you have any go to people when writing a book that help you with your story lines as well as editing, beta reading and such? 

My great friend Lyndsey! I don't know what I would do without her. She is so good to me. We have pulled so many late nights where I think we spend more time laughing than actually working. We literally sit on web cam and go over lines. We take turns being my characters and read the lines out loud. It gives me an idea of how things will flow when it's being read. If something is off she helps me open my mind and get the right idea out or change it to how it needs to be. I just love her so much and she's one of the best friends I could ever ask for.


18. Are you working on anything now?

I am working on wrapping up the Believe series, which is 10 books that are all fairy tale adaptations. I've been toying with the idea of a book for the Parker brothers, the second in my Darkness Falls series, one for my best friend who was killed at 17 titled Rising, and a few untitled ones.

Tanya's Review



I absolutely loved this story.  To me it was a cross between Little Red Riding Hood and Snow White & the Seven dwarfs, but the story was well written and had all the key ingredients of a good novel. 

The instant dynamic with Sam and Ethan was great, you could tell that they were meant to be together but also knew that it wouldn’t be easy.  The brothers each brought their unique touch the story making you laugh at times and want to cry at times.  Like any brother with a younger sister, they are very protective of her and are hurt/saddened when something happens to her.  
 

If you are looking for a good paranormal love story, then add this one to your to be read list!!




a Rafflecopter giveaway

3 comments:

  1. This book sounds exciting! Thank you for the interview! I loved learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the great giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Trista and can't wait to read her books. Tonya (My Familiar Heart Book Reviews)

    ReplyDelete