Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review - "Mark of the Witch (Boston Witches #1) by Jessica Gibson


Published June 2012

Magic flows through Jillian Proctor's veins as surely as blood, but so far her life outside Boston has been peaceful. William Morgan blows into Jilly's life like a hurricane, unleashing her magic and sending her out of control. Unknowingly, William brings an enemy who only wants to posses the power of the witch. Jilly must learn to harness her magic before she loses it - and everything in her life is destroyed.




About this author

First and foremost, I'm a wife to an amazing man, and mother to a 2 year old little boy. I love to read when I can find the time, my Kindle is my best friend. I've read tons and tons of books. One of my favorite authors is Diana Gabaldon, her Outlander series is absolutely amazing. I also really enjoy Charlaine Harris' True Blood series. I'll read anything supernatural, I've blown through most of the good YA series' that are out there. I think my love of reading really helped me branch out into writing.


Tanya's Review:

Jillian and Caroline are twin sisters who are witch’s, the difference between the two is that Caroline wants absolutely nothing to do with the witch craft.  Years later, Jillian is a successful witch and hairdresser making a life for herself.  Caroline finds out her husband has been cheating on her so she moves back home to the one place she feels safe.  Prior to her coming home, William walks into Jilly’s life and Jillian is drawn to him.  Now JIlly is having nightmares and other dreams she doesn’t know what to make out of.  Things are going good so to speak between William and Jillian until she starts seeing William with another woman in her dreams except in this dreams she is actually inside this woman’s body (totally weird!!).  You see Sabine (William’s ex ) and William are Amaranthines, which are sort of like vampires just they don’t need blood to survive and to be a very powerful Amaranthines you need to enslave a witch—go figure.

William, Jillian and a few other friends including Caroline who finally embraces her skill set out to stop Sabine from taking Jilian.

I loved Mark of the Witch right from the beginning!!  The story moved along great with the characters adding their own personal element at the right times.  Jillian is the perfect witch, one who likes to help others and will share her knowledge with them.  William seems like a sweet guy and just perfect for Jilly.  I absolutely loved the chemistry between everyone and how Caroline finally accepted who she truly is.  I cannot wait to read the next in the series “Chasing the Witch”.  

No comments:

Post a Comment