Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Blog Tour - "Never let you Fall" by Michelle G Miller




Orphaned at 7, with no memory of her past or the family she lost, 17 year old Skye Martin is tired of being alone and afraid. After a hard night of partying, Skye wakes up alone in an unfamiliar hotel. All she can remember is the deep voice of her rescuer and his promise: “I am safe.”

Xander has been tasked with watching Skye from afar for the past two years, in order to keep her safe from the demons that hunt her. An easy job - until a pair of red glowing eyes reveal themselves to Skye, and Xander, in a moment of weakness, is forced to break his cover to protect her. Never good at trusting people, Skye is inexplicably drawn to Xander and the immediate bond she feels for him. However, Xander is filled with secrets and ties to her past that threaten to thrust Skye into a world she could never imagine existed…

As she begins to unravel the truth about who Xander is and the details surrounding her family, she discovers that she might just be the key to saving everything... And, most importantly, she finds that there has always been someone by her side who would never let her fall…







About the author


Having grown up in both the cold, quiet town of Topsham, Maine and the steamy, southern hospitality of Mobile, Alabama, Michele is something of a enigma.  She is an avid Yankees fan, loves New England, being outdoors and misses snow.  However she thinks southern boys are hotter, Alabama football is the only REAL football out there and sweet tea is the best thing this side of heaven and her children’s laughter!  

Her family, a doting husband and three awesome  minions, have planted their roots in the middle of Michele’s two childhood homes in Charlotte, North Carolina.  

Never Let You Fall is Michele’s first novel and she is beyond thrilled to have finally followed up on a dream she has held for over 20 years!  God willing there will be many many more books to follow.


Goodreads:  Michele G Miller
Facebook:  Michele G Miller
Twitter:  @chelemybelles

Buying links


http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/never-let-you-fall-michele-g-miller/1115256687?ean=2940016496122&isbn=2940016496122 

Before I get on to my review, I have a little something from Michelle!


So Tanya asked me to do a guest post for today's blog tour spot.  I warned her that I can be very random at times if she didn't give me something specific to write on.  Tanya said she didn't mind and so now you get my random post ;)  
Thankfully I decided to share a small picture quote from Never Let You Fall about Skye and Xander's promise.  Their promise prompted me to find some other promises made between people.  So here you go a list of ten promises made or quotes about promises that I found…
1) But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost
2) Promises and pie crusts are made to be broken. - Jonathan Swift
3) “Some people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them," I said.  
"Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.” -
John GreenThe Fault in Our Stars
4) “As soon as one promises not to do something, it becomes the one thing above all others that one most wishes to do.” ― Georgette HeyerVenetia
5) “Resolutions are most often empty promises for those who have an abundance of dreams, but refuse to wake up and live them.” ― Steve MaraboliUnapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
6)
7) The best way to keep one's word is not to give it.  - Napoleon Bonaparte
8) It is useless to hold a person to anything he says while he is in love, drunk, or running for office. - Shirley MacLaine
9) When a man repeats a promise again and again, he means to fail you.  - Proverb


So Tanya asked me to do a guest post for today's blog tour spot.  I warned her that I can be very random at times if she didn't give me something specific to write on.  Tanya said she didn't mind and so now you get my random post ;)  
Thankfully I decided to share a small picture quote from Never Let You Fall about Skye and Xander's promise.  Their promise prompted me to find some other promises made between people.  So here you go a list of ten promises made or quotes about promises that I found…
1) But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost
2) Promises and pie crusts are made to be broken. - Jonathan Swift
3) “Some people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them," I said.  
"Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.” -
John GreenThe Fault in Our Stars
4) “As soon as one promises not to do something, it becomes the one thing above all others that one most wishes to do.” ― Georgette HeyerVenetia
5) “Resolutions are most often empty promises for those who have an abundance of dreams, but refuse to wake up and live them.” ― Steve MaraboliUnapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
6)
7) The best way to keep one's word is not to give it.  - Napoleon Bonaparte
8) It is useless to hold a person to anything he says while he is in love, drunk, or running for office. - Shirley MacLaine
9) When a man repeats a promise again and again, he means to fail you.  - Proverb
10)








Tanya's Review

Skye Martin is 17 and has been an orphan for the last ten years.  Life is hard for her and before too long she is drawn into the party scene, things couldn’t get any worse for until one morning she wakes up in an unfamiliar place with a man she has never meets before.  The thing is though; she feels safe with him and trusts him immediately. 

Xander is a guardian, one that has vowed to always protected Skye and has done so from a distance that is until they are attacked by Semuvan and he is forced to tell Skye who she really is.  Skye is then thrust into a world of Kings, Queens, Princesses and demons and a life that has been hidden from her.  
 


I will say that at first I found myself struggling to continue one with the story.  I felt that although Skye had to grow up in a group home, she was acting like a brat; a child that rebelled because she didn’t know what else to do. 

However once events starting happening and Xander appeared, I started getting into the story more.  What is more interesting than a princess right?  Especially one that doesn’t know she is one and must go back home to rule and save the kingdom.   

I was drawn the connection that Skye and Xander shared and how right off she knew she could trust him with her life and didn’t have to question that (although she may have a few times).  The story was interesting  but it seemed like some of it was repeated  a couple ties; perhaps it was because Skye was being stubborn LOL 

All in all it was a good story and I will definitely read the next book as I hate cliff hangers and I need to see what happens next


a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment